Thursday, March 26, 2009

Watch this Space – Buck Rogers

During the 80’s in South Africa we were a little starved of choice when it came to TV shows, but we did still get many of the greats. TV series like The A-Team, Voyagers, Automan and Riptide to name but a few. But for me one stood out above all others... Buck Rogers!

Buck Rogers (with the original series of Battlestar Galactica) introduced me to what has now become a lifelong passion for Sci-Fi in all its forms. It also introduced me to my very first crush with the ever beautiful Erin Gray as crack Starfighter pilot Col. Wilma Deering...

The Buck Rogers TV series ran for only 2 seasons and was dubbed into Afrikaans, but it was still one kickass show. Gil Gerard stared as the erstwhile hero Buck Rogers, with Tim O’Conner staring as Dr. Huer and Felix Silla as Twiki.

I wanted to embed the video intros into the blog, but it seems like the copyright owner has requested that the embedding be disabled. That’s why I’ve provided you with the YouTube links to the 3 different intros below.

The first video clip is the intro to the pilot show that originally brought Buck to our screens. It is however in its original English.

Buck Rogers Pilot Intro

Next up is the season 1 intro

Buck Rogers Season 1 Intro

And finally season 2

Buck Rogers Season 2 Intro

Then for good measure I’ve also thrown in the end credits.

Buck Rogers End Credits

Man those were good times! Terribly cheesy, but damn good times.

UPDATE! I managed to find a copy that I can embed! Check it out below:

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that music... watching that was like being in a time machine. :)

    ReplyDelete